Holiday Cottage Accommodation Portland
Kate's Cottage is a quaint 3 bedroomed traditional quarryman's stone cottage built in the early 1800's. It contains character features, has sea views and was refurbished in a shabby chic style in 2014. Kates Cottage is located within the popular area of Fortuneswell, just off the high street where you will find a supermarket, newsagent/fishing tackle shop, fish & chips, pharmacy, pubs and several other small shops. It is a short walk to the National Sailing Academy, home to the 2012 Olympic sailing events. Chesil cove is a short stroll away down the lane where you can watch fishermen bringing in their crab pots and view the famous sunsets from Chesil beach or the renowned Cove House Inn.
- Sleeps 4
- Quiet Location
- Laundry / Towels Provided
- Tea, Coffee, Milk & Biscuits on arrival
- Plenty of parking close to the cottage either in free car parks or on the road
- Free WiFi
- Perfect Location for Kite/Wind Surfing in Portland harbour
- Walking distance to sailing academy
- Line/hooks for drying wetsuits outside
- Chinese Takeaway, Indian Restaurant & Fish and Chip shop within walking distance
- Ideal for beach fishing/diving in Chesil cove
- Staggering distance to shops, pubs, restaurants, cafes, pharmacy, newsagent/fishing tackle store, supermarket, hairdresser and general store.
- Less than 5 minutes walk to Chesil beach and the south west coastal path
- Bus service to/from weymouth until early hours at weekends
- Small theatre/cafe a short walk away
- Festivals all year round in Weymouth
- New Years Eve in Weymouth voted amongst the top 10 places to celebrate in Europe!
- Ideal central location to explore the Jurassic coast